The information technology industry is becoming the booming industry in the world. IT is helping the growing countries to work and rapidly generating the revenue to compete the developed world.
Information technology is the broad term used for both the hardware and software. Developing countries are working mostly on the software part of the industry. Pakistan is the prominent country of the world from software industry perspective. A very positive progress has been made in the previous decade in the IT sector. Government of the Pakistan has introduced the best platform and has given many incentives and relaxation to the IT companies to work here. Rapid progress and meeting the international standards of software development, secure, reliability has attained the concentration of the international investors to have joint venture/outsource with the local companies established in Pakistan.
The government of the Pakistan has established the ministry of Information at the federal capital as well as in the other four provinces of the country. This has facilitated to provide the incentives at the regional level. The major incentives that the government is intended to perform further and a good number have already been provided are as follows:
- Developing the software development parks, currently Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad have the software technology parks.
- Providing the optic-fiber connectivity and conference room facilities to the mid to large level organizations at very cheap rates
- Government of Pakistan is providing funds to the companies to achieve ISO and CMM/CMMI certifications to the companies.
- A good number of companies have achieved significant CMMI and ISO maturity levels in the industry.
- Tax relaxation to the IT companies till 2016
- State bank of the Pakistan is providing facilities to open the internet merchant accounts for easy trade.
Achieving the CMM/CMMI maturity levels for the software developing company is the main goal. This helps the company to attract the major clients across the country. Below are the major IT companies of the Pakistan with the achieved certifications.
- 1. NetSol Technologies (Pvt.) Ltd. CMMI Level 5, Located in Lahore
- 2. NCR Pakistan CMM Level 5, Located in Islamabad
- 3. Kalsoft (Pvt.) Ltd. CMMI Level 3, Located in Lahore
- 4. Systems (Pvt.) Ltd. CMMI Level 3, Located in Lahore
- 5. Digital Processing Systems CMMI Level 3, Located in Islamabad
- 6. ZTE Pakistan, Software R & D Center CMMI Level 2, Located in Islamabad
- 7. Eworx Intl (Pvt.) Ltd. CMMI Level 2, Located in Lahore
- 8. Techlogix Pakistan (Pvt.) Ltd. CMMI Level 2, Located in Lahore
- 9. Si3 - System Innovations (Pvt.) Ltd. CMMI Level 2, Located in Islamabad and Karachi
- 10. Abacus Consulting (Pvt.) Ltd. CMMI Level 2, Located in Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi
- 11. Descon Information Systems CMMI Level 2, Located in Lahore
- 12. E-Dev Technologies CMMI Level 2, Located in Islamabad
- 13. Prosol Technologies CMMI Level 2, Located in Islamabad
- 14. Avanza Solutions CMMI Level 2, Located in Karachi
- 15. Shaukat Khanum Cancer Research Hospital (IT DIV) CMMI Level 2, Located in Lahore
- 16. Geopaq Technologies CMMI Level 2, Located in Islamabad
- 17. Advanced Computing and Engineering Solutions CMMI Level 2, Located in Islamabad
- 18. NADRA CMMI Level 2, Located in Islamabad
- 19. Technosoft Solutions (Pvt) Ltd CMMI Level 2, Located in Lahore
- 20. Prislogix CMMI Level 2, Located in Karachi
Top five IT Companies in Lahore, Punjab Pakistan
This list CMMI companies in Pakistan, clearly shows that among the certified companies in Pakistan are most belong from Lahore Pakistan. Lahore is the hub of IT activities and IT business in Pakistan.
The top five IT companies in Lahore are as follows with the number of employees:
NetSol Technologies (Pvt.) Ltd. CMMI Level 5
Netsol is the first CMMI level five maturity level company in Pakistan. Netsol has 800+ employees.
Systems (Pvt.) Ltd. CMMI Level 3
Systems limited is the first software house of Pakistan, established in 1977. Systems has grown it strength since then and now number of employees are 400+, working in Systems.
Techlogix Pakistan (Pvt.) Ltd CMMI Level 2
Techlogix is the prominent and renowned software house in the IT industry of Pakistan and working with the team of 300+ IT and software development professionals.
Descon Information Systems CMMI Level 2
Descon information systems is located in Lahore and functional with 200+ employees.
Kalsoft (Pvt.) Ltd. CMMI Level 3
Kalsoft is working with 200 potential employees in Lahore.
This is the short review of Lahore IT industry. More information about the industry is available at Punjab Information Technology Board, Pasha Pakistan and Pakistan Software Export Board.